Is online learning sweeping America? Just compare: in 2000 there were roughly 45,000 students taking online courses; in 2009, more than 3 million K-12 students were doing so. But those courses are happening in a blended-learning environment where students learn online while supervised by adults part of that time. It’s personalized, relevant, a mode kids love, and self-paced. By 2019, 50 percent of all high school courses may be delivered online. Read more in this insightful white paper by Michael B. Horn and Heather Staker from Innosight Institute.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design