The annual Horizon Report identifies and describes emerging technology considerably impacting these areas: teaching, learning and creative expression. For the second straight year, their K-12 Edition of the report identified cloud computing as a technology to watch. It’s an interesting read and worth checking out. It’s from the New Media Consortium (NMC), an international not-for-profit consortium of learning-focused organizations dedicated to the exploration and use of new media and new technologies. Mobile technology, game-based learning and open content also factored in; further down the road (next 4-5 years), keep an eye on learning analytics and personalized learning environments. Check it out for yourself: http://www.nmc.org
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design