Some great inspiration from New Schools Venture Fund that’ll have you watching the entire series: Stubbornly optimistic, entrepreneurs believe they can make a difference, in spite of the odds. And they don’t stop at just thinking these innovative thoughts — entrepreneurs then create new organizations to make the changes they want to see in the world. And by doing so, they inspire others to follow. Above, watch a former high school history teacher, Scott Given, who became the Principal of Excel Academy Charter School in 2005. For three years he was part of a comprehensive school improvement effort there. Given now leads Unlocking Potential Schools, a nonprofit school turnaround organizations which took over its first school in the fall of 2011. To watch other videos in the NewSchools Presents series, go to http://www.newschools.org/entrepreneurs. The series was produced by Portal A Interactive http://portal-a.com/
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design