From NewSchools Venture Fund comes this interactive K-12 education technology market map. Targeted at the entrepreneurial, philanthropic, and education communities, this tool provides a visual representation of ventures currently operating in the education technology market. Funded by the Laura and John Arnold Foundation, NewSchools collaborated with leading experts Michael Horn (Innosight Institute) and Anthony Kim (Education Elements) to develop it. NewSchools plans to find an organization that will take on the maintenance and updating of the market map. In the meantime, let them know if there are other organizations that should be added to the map or if you know of updates. Send information to edtechmap [at] newschools [dot] org. With the edtech market currently red-hot and expanding like never before, no doubt there will be a few (hundred) omissions—so speak right up and get your voice heard (and your company included, if that applies to you). Also, have fun with the map! It’s interactive, you’ll need Adobe Flash, and an idea of what you’re looking for as you explore it.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design