Can’t make it to class today? Well, if your school uses the webcasting platform Mediasite by Sonic Foundry, you’re in luck! Mediasite is a market leader for lecture capture used by more than 1,000 colleges and universities. Their webcasting technology completely automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos and rich media presentations that combine video with slides. So even though you’re not physically in that lecture hall you can watch it online via Mediasite, and it feels like you are actually there. You can even interact and ask questions in real-time. Plus, students can go back and watch the archived recording to review the material. The newest Mediasite 6 version provides one of the first and most broad-range of live mobile streaming. You can watch any presentation live or on-demand on your iPad, iPhone, iPod, Blackberry and most recently your Android devices. If you have an Apple device, snag the Mediasite app here. To learn more, visit www.sonicfoundry.com.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design