If you haven’t yet read this report, it’s one of the better ones in terms of facts, figures, insight, energy and painting an understandable broadview of what’s happening in the edtech space and how it relates to the bigger picture. Authored by Michael Moe, Matthew Hanson, Li Jiang and Luben Pampoulov of GSV Advisors with special advisor Michael Horn of Innosight Institute and with contributions by Sara Leslie and Candlestick Research, the subtitle is How Education Innovation is Going to Revitalize America and Transform the U.S. Economy. Appropriately published on July 4, 2012, its ideas and tenets have only picked up momentum in recent months with some very key edtech investment announcements. Scan the table of contents and it’s hard to look away. Browse the report itself and you’ll be reading it all the way through. It’s chock full of quotes, graphs, visuals, and the juiciest tidbits you’ll encounter in a while concerning education and technology. Plus, any report that quotes Bono (“The world is more malleable than you think and it’s waiting for you to hammer it into shape”) has got to get some points for personality. Check it out.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design