Using speech processing technology and the advanced science of linguistics, the Versant English Placement Test (VEPT) was specially designed for English language learners to automatically evaluate speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills, reporting results almost immediately. VEPT has been used in academic institutions, private language schools, and education programs throughout the world to evaluate the English communication skills of students and staff for course placement, benchmarking language levels, progress monitoring, and as an exit exam. The scoring technology is applied to systematically measure the test takers’ communication skills, resulting in the elimination of any human or cultural bias. Testing can be done on-demand and is easily administered on a Windows or IOS based computer with internet connection. Educators can administer VEPT using the test administrators’ portal— ScoreKeeper 2. With it, educators can do a number of interesting things, including:
1) Assign tests to individuals or a group of test takers
2) Test on-site in a testing center or offsite, in remote locations
3) Notify test takers of test assignments via email
4) Resume the test to the last item completed if internet connection is lost
5) Lock score results from test taker’s view, if desired.