A free tool that helps teachers nationwide share resources, Activate Instruction also helps students direct their own learning, and helps parents stay in touch with what’s happening at school. Founded by the Girard Education Foundation, Activate is a unique collaboration of teachers and leaders from successful schools, educators-turned-developers and passionate philanthropists. Teachers use Activate to organize, share, and search quality Common Core-aligned resources, and curate them into student playlists. Parents and students can follow teachers and search by topic. Activate’s content bank includes more than 39,000 resources and 4,500 playlists—largely contributed by high-performing Summit Public Schools and High Tech High. The flexible platform supports a variety of learning models, and engages teachers, students and parents with a collaborative, social environment. The platform was built by Illuminate Education and tested in a two-year pilot by Summit Public Schools. Girard Education provides funding and proactive program management, and works with a growing ecosystem of schools, content contributors, and technology partners. The Activate community is working with other foundations, policy experts, and nonprofits to advance blended learning nationwide.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design