There’s no question that looking at data helps inform instructional practice. But, too often, the data teachers need is either too difficult to collect and access—or too overwhelming to interpret effectively. Illuminate Education’s Data and Assessment (DnA) system was built from an educator perspective featuring tools making the data actionable so that teachers can spend more time instructing and less time data mining.
- Formative and summative assessments can be developed and administered online/on paper with instant reporting.
- Assessment data and assignments can be collected and calculated in either a points-based gradebook or standards-based gradebook that can feed directly into report cards.
- A powerful custom reporting engine gives users access to assessment and demographic data to not only inform instruction, but to also look at the whole child including social emotional data and perception data.
- Early warning system tools are available to identify students for intervention and monitored over time utilizing the RtI/MTSS module.
- Blending learning and flipped classroom is supported through built-in wrap around instructional services in the portal where students receive immediate feedback on their performance, identify strengths and areas for improvement, and have access to standards-based instructional resources to remediate and accelerate student learning.