Aiming to help every student love math, Desmos’ free tools allow students to easily connect, visualize, and grasp concepts more easily. Demos’ digital calculators can be used during math lessons and include basic, scientific, and graphing calculators. Recently, Desmos partnered with Promethean to make more than 100 graphs available to teachers for free through ClassFlow, a free lesson delivery software for any brand of interactive panel display. Whether teachers use ClassFlow to choose ready-made lessons or customize their own, they can use Desmos graphs to learn how to create a reflection of a point across a line or create Pac Man. Desmos’ software is compliant with the WCAG 2.0 accessibility standard, allowing students with visual disabilities to participate fully. To discover the math tools that Desmos and Promethean have made available for teachers, learn more here.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design