More big news for edtech: Owl Ventures has $185 Million in fresh capital for edtech startups. Owl Ventures debuted its second venture capital fund dedicated entirely to education technology startups. While this is the largest U.S. fund devoted to edtech, many investors worldwide are eager to support the new wave of entrepreneurship and innovation across the education spectrum including early childhood, K-12, higher education and career mobility/professional learning. The firm counts fifteen such companies so far, including: Newsela, a literacy solution that uses online news; Quizlet, a studying app for students; and Lingo Live, an online language startup. Learn more.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design