Here’s an interesting take on higher education from a longtime edupreneur and leading voice in the postsecondary learning space. Burck Smith, CEO of Straighterline (billing themselves as “the shortest distance between you and your college degree”), discusses rising costs of college, student and taxpayer debt in a lucid argument for an innovative solution to it all. Shifting from the old paradigm and moving into a new model, Burck talks technology, learning and keeping it all practical. It’s a subtle shift, but for the vested leaders walking the centuries-old hallowed halls of higher ed to hear such blasphemous talk of offerings such as those that StraighterLine provides—well, this just may be disruptive technology at its strongest. Click on the video or go straight to StraighterLine.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design