Possibly the first digital networking platform powered by alumni, this cool tool engages members to open doors and opportunities for alums and students in the real world and on their own terms. Alumnifire activates alumni networks of any kind, from big universities to small affinity groups. Alumnifire networks can be started organically or by a community looking to activate and engage their alums. Sign up is free and users can sign up using Facebook, LinkedIn, or email. Alumni choose how often they wish to volunteer their time and exactly how they want to be helpful. Alumnifire launched out of private beta in May 2015. As of September 2015, it was live in over 40 alumni communities and was requested by alumni in over 320 additional communities. The platform’s engagement has been powerful. For example, in its oldest communities, Alumnifire is engaging over 3½ alums to offer informational interviews for every graduating Senior and over 3 alums to offer job shadows for every graduating Senior. Learn more.
FIND US HERE:
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Inside an Expanding EdTech Company
- Betting 185 Million Dollars on EdTech
- The Key to Mass Video Consumption on Campus
- Do We Really Need Dedicated Edtech?
- Crossing the EdTech Chasm
- A Big Hiccup in the EdTech Equation
- How to Humanize the Education Machine
- What Exactly is a ‘Digital Shelf’?
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design